Parsley is the world’s most popular green leafy vegetable, spice and herb used in many culinary and medicinal purposes in many years. Medicines also use its leaf, root, and seeds. It has vibrant and delicious in taste having very good aroma. So it serves as the most important herb for garnishing our foods. It is used as raw, cooked, tea, juices, flakes and oil. It is packed with vitamins A, vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, iron, vitamin B-12, calcium, protein, pantothenic acid. Also parsley contain choline, beta-carotene, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, potassium, copper, magnesium, manganese and iodine. It is also the best source of other volatile compounds such as myristicin, limonene, eugenol, alpha-thujene and flavonoids such as apiin, apigenin, crisoeriol, and luteolin. The presence of vitamin C in parsley is more than 3 times of oranges and iron more than 2 times of spinach.
So enjoy to read the amazing health benefits of parsley as follows:
- It is cholesterol free herb rich in vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and antioxidants, which provides protection against high blood cholesterol. Also it helps with constipation and protect from free radicals damages caused by cancers.
- The presence of Eugenol helps to protect from our teeth and gums from many harmful bacteria due to its anesthetic and anti-septic effect on the human body. It also helps to reduce the blood sugar level of the diabetic patients naturally.
- It contains Luteolin and Vitamin C, the presence of both acts as a very effective anti-inﬂammatory agent to combat with many inflammatory disorders like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- The consistency of Vitamin C and A in parsley helps to strengthen the strong immune system of the human body. Vitamin C is necessary for the collagen of connective tissue, repairing and healing of cuts, wounds and healthy bones. However, our eyes’ lining needs Vitamin A to protect mucous membranes. Also it protect from respiratory tract, urinary tract, intestinal tracts and helps to fight with infection.
- It is diuretic in nature, which helps to increase the working of kidney, get rid of sodium and eliminate other harmful chemicals from the human body.
So start eating parsley in your daily food intakes to prevent from above and below said conditions. It has many other health benefits like protect from neuronal damage in the brain, age-related macular degeneration (ARMD). Also helps to regulate menstrual cycles, ease symptoms of menopause, depression, dry skin, hair loss, providing cardiovascular health. It helps to fight with bloating and indigestion, asthma, treat ear infections, aids in dissolving gallstones and kidney stones. It is good for releasing the strong mouth odor and decrease hormonal problems also helps with weight loss. If you more health benefits of parsley, then please share your knowledge with us to serve others better.