Spinach is the one of the most powerful nutrient leafy green food on the earth. It is also called the powerhouse of nutrients sometimes because it is full of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, K, C, B, E, iron, calcium, selenium, magnesium, copper, potassium, folate, zinc, niacin and manganese. It is used as raw, boiled, cooking, juice, snacks and smoothies. The presence of these vitamins and minerals it hosts huge health benefits to prevent from many diseases. I remember my old school days when I like to see the animated cartoon serial named “Popeye the sailor man”. In which Popeye eats spinach when he fights with Bruto to get extra and instant power.
So check out the top health benefits of spinach here:
- Spinach contains powerful antioxidant named kaempferol and a phytonutrient flavonoids, which helps to prevent from various types of cancer like ovarian, skin, stomach and prostate cancer.
- These types of green leafy food is good for brain to boost the immune system.
- It also contains folate, which helps to slow down the ageing effect on the mind, reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and keeps the heart healthy. Folate also reduces homocysteine, an amino acid present in the human blood. High level of homocysteine is the main risk factor for cardiovascular disease and prevent hardening of the arteries.
- The presence of magnesium and potassium helps to decrease the high blood pressure. Keeps blood flow maintain and relax the blood vessels.
- It contains vitamin A, lutein, xanthine and beta carotene, which are necessary for your eyes to prevent from deficiency, vision loss, itching eyes, dryness of eyes, age related macula degeneration (AMD) and eye ulcer.
- The presence of calcium and iron in spinach helps to strengthen the bones. Iron is necessary to carry oxygen and blood throughout the body to relieve in fatigue and preventing anemia.
- It also contains the combination of 2 powerful anti-inflammatory epoxyxanthophylls agents called Neoxanthin and violaxanthin, which helps to reduce the inflammation or pain.
- The presence of zinc, selenium, manganese, vitamin C and E in spinach, helps to protect against osteoporosis, strokes and atherosclerosis.
- It also contains vitamin K, which is important for carboxylation process. In this process it starts to make the matrix Gla proteins that directly protect from calcium forming in the tissues.
- Due to rich in vitamins like A, K, E and C, it also repairs the skin cells damages to prevent psoriasis or eczema, epidermis, keratinization, acne, scars, wrinkles and harmful UV rays.
- A mixture of spinach and carrot juice is best for oral problems like bleeding gums and tooth decay.
In brief spinach is the best food for human body to prevent from above said health benefits. It may have many other health benefits like to promote healthy pregnancy, preventing abortion and bleeding intentional. Also it helps to repair DNA damage, weight loss, diabetes diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and much more. If you know more health benefits of spinach, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box.