Being a woman is wonderful until that anxious moment of your period arrives. Many young women claim that they never have menstrual cramps, and others have severe pain and fatigue every month. PMS results in headaches, back pain, irritability or moodiness, depression, bloating and breast tenderness. Exercise can also significantly reduce cramp pain. Most of them have to go through a lot of suffering during periods, but only few know that there are many ways to feel better and enjoy life during periods. Here are 10 tips to feel better during your period:
- Avoid Salt & Sodas – Avoid salt, caffeine and alcohol in the days before your period. These substances all increase the symptoms of cramps and PMS. Cut out sodas that week and try to drink as much water as possible to keep the bloating to a minimum.
- Go For Walk – There are a few tricks to get rid of those uncomfortable cramps you get. One major suggestion is simply to take a walk. Let’s not kid ourselves; we clearly aren’t going for a run while on our periods, so just go for a walk instead. It gets you out of the house and you will feel so much better!
- Take Pain Killers – The cramps are caused by the egg being released from the uterus. If you are in great pain there is no need to suffer. Take ibuprofen, acetaminophen or an OTC medication to alleviate cramps However, different things work for different people.
- Change Your Diet Plan – Try to incorporate more potassium into your diet by eating foods such as bananas. You can try to choose healthy and natural foods. Foods that are heavy in sodium soak up a ton of water in your system and cause major bloating. Avoid oily and sugary foods.
- Tell Her Parents – It would be better if you tell someone so they can tell you what to do or help you get through it. If you feel embarrassed to tell them, just remember that every girl has to go through this.
- Take Warm Bath – During your Bath you can use mild warm water instead of cold water. Because warm water Relaxes and eases cramps. Pour some Neem Tree Leafs or scented body wash or throw a bath bomb to boost the effect.
- Wear Comfortable Cloths – Most women would prefer not to wear uncomfortable clothing while having their period. Wear some sweat pants and a sweatshirt or anything else that feels comfortable, but don’t make it too obvious. You can just wear black pants and keep a jacket around in case you stain your pants. When that happens, you can just tie it around your waist.
- Avoid Stress – We often hear that stress is the main cause of all modern problems. It really is. So, try to avoid stressful situations during your period as stress tends to make your flow heavier. Ask for a day off from work if it is possible and get some rest.
- Warm Up Your Lower Abdomen – For Easy muscle spasms and feel better during your PMS, you can try a to put a mild warm water bottle on the lower abdomen or lower belly. You can also try to wrap your Lower Abdomen in a blanket to get warmer. Drinking green tea can also be helpful.
- Do Some Light Exercises – A beginning yoga class at your local gym is a great way to relieve the cramps. It’s simple and stretching is great for getting rid of the pain in your stomach. Even just trying some basic positions like child’s pose, bow pose and wind releasing pose at home will help.
So Follow these Golden Rules During Your Periods and Stay Fit & Happy. If you Know more about this topic please share your opinions to us through Comment Box.