Potatoes are most popular root vegetable in the whole world. It is used in all types of cooked vegetables. It is round to oval or oblong in shape, vary widely in size and light/dark brown in color. Potatoes may be purple or red in colors also. They are the excellent source of carbohydrates, calories and fiber. Potatoes are also rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and nutrients.
So it provided many more health benefits for humans, which can be read below:
- Weight Gain. Due to the excellent source of carbohydrates, calories, fiber and a little bit of proteins, they are the best food for lean or thin people. If they want to gain weight, so start eating potatoes.
- Lower Cholesterol: The presence of both types of fiber i.e. half value of soluble fiber and half value of insoluble fiber helps to reduce the LDL cholesterol level and regulate the digestion system and promotes cellular renewal.
- Lower Blood Pressure: Potatoes contains phytochemicals include flavonoids and a compound named kukoamine, known for lowering the blood pressure agent.
- Immune Booster: Potatoes are rich in vitamins (B, C) and minerals like iron, copper, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, thiamin, niacin and calcium. So they helps to boost the immune system.
- Reduce Rheumatism Inflammation. It contains vitamins, magnesium, niacin, potassium and calcium that help to reduce the inflammation caused by rheumatic arthritis.
- Prevent Kidney Stones. It contains the high value of magnesium, which helps to prevent the accumulation of calcium in the kidney.
- Skin Care: Mashed potatoes mixed with honey and applied as a face pack helps to glowing beautiful skin.
- Good Source Of Dietary Fiber: It is the good source of dietary fiber, thus prevents from constipation, colon polyps and cancer.
In brief potatoes have many health benefits to your body as well as some negative effects like increase blood sugar and weight gain. It may be many other health benefits like scurvy, bleeding gums, mouth ulcers, diarrhea, cancer cell growth. Prevent from hemorrhoid, sleeping sickness, headache and anemia, premenstrual syndrome, mental depression and much more. If you know more health benefits of potatoes, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box.