Cucumber is the 4th most widely grown vegetables in the world and belong to the gourd family having many varieties. It is used as raw, salad, cooking, pickle, juice and cosmetics. It is dark to light green to yellow in color and round tubular in shape. Cucumber contains 90% water, tartrate acid, ascorbic acid, caffeic acid, vitamin C, A, B6, K, potassium, copper, fiber, thiamin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and manganese, which host many health benefits to our body.
So check out the amazing health benefits of cucumber given below:
- Cucumber juice is diuretic, so it helps to increase the urinary flow. Also, release the harmful toxins from the kidney, prevent the formation of bladder stones and aid in the water retention.
- It is full of silica, which helps to bind the connective tissues of the body together.
- It is totally fat free, cholesterol free and low in calories. So it is the super food for those who are on the diet.
- It contains vitamin K, which helps to increase the bone mass, makes bones stronger and prevent blood clotting. It is also good for Alzheimer’s disease patients to decrease the risk of neuronal damages in the brain.
- Due to 90% of water and electrolytes, it also helps to hydrate our body naturally and keeps temperature maintain.
- The presence of potassium and magnesium in cucumber helps to prevent against high blood pressure, relax the blood vessels and maintain the proper blood flow.
- It also contains Sulphur and silicon, which helps to promote hair growth if its juice consumed to mix with spinach and carrot juice.
- Its juice is alkaline in nature, so it also combats the pH value of contents maintain in the body to prevent from acidity, constipation and gastric ulcers.
- Slices of cucumber put on your both eyes helps to prevent from puffiness and inflammation. Eating cucumber slice helps to eliminate bad breath problem.
- Its juice if applied on the skin helps to cure the skin irritations and sun burns. In India most of the cosmetic products in the market contains cucumber extract. Its juice is also used in to dissolve the face packs.
- It contains 3 types of lignans called lariciresinol, pinoresinol and secoisolariciresinol, which helps to reduce the risk of breast, ovarian, prostate and uterus cancer.
- If you eat some slices of cucumber before sleeping at night helps to prevent from headache and hangover due to vitamin B, electrolytes and enough sugar in it.
- Its juice contains a special type of hormone, which is essential for the pancreas cells to produce more insulin to control blood sugar level, thus prevents from diabetes.
In briefs cucumbers are the best food for us due to full of nutrients, flavonoids and antioxidants. So starts eating cucumber to enjoy the amazing health benefits. It may have many other health benefits like prevent splitting and spoiling of nails. Also relieve gout and arthritis pain, treating tapeworms, dark circles under your eyes, reducing the visibility of cellulite. Acts as a mouth freshener, reduce the risk of neural tube defects, helps to promote joint health and much more. If you know more health benefits of cucumbers, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box.