Cardamom is also known as “Choti Elaichi” or “queen of spices” in India. It is a herb or spice used in culinary and medicinal purposes. Cardamom is native to India and having strong powerful aroma, so it is also used in mouth fresheners too. It also belongs to same family like ginger and turmeric. It comes in two colors i.e. one is green seed pods and the dark brown seed pods. It is used as raw, for the preparation of tea, flavored milk, desserts, cakes, cooking dishes, powder, coffee, meat, sweet dishes, mulled wine and much more. It contains potassium, calcium, iron, manganese, carbohydrates, protein, volatile oil, crude fiber, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin C and magnesium. So consistency of all these providing amazing health benefits.
That’s why check out the best health benefits of eating cardamom as follows:
- Cardamom acts as a appetizer, so it helps to reduce the bad breath and a natural mouth freshener.
- Its seeds contains different types of volatile oils, that is beneficial for cardiac health to maintain the blood pressure. Its seeds oil has anesthetic properties, so it is also used in pain management and halitosis treatment.
- According to Ayurveda, its oil used for messages to get rid of depression, tension, improving metabolism and provides physical relief instantly.
- Regular uses of cardamon helps to treat digestive ailments, indigestion, gas, bloating, acidity, constipation, nausea and heart burn. It also helps to maintain the acid balance in stomach and bile by stimulating the secretion of gastric juices.
- Its powder also provide respiratory health benefits like helpful in the treatment of asthma, bronchitis, proper blood circulation, get rid of muscle spasms and muscle pain.
- It is diuretic in nature that’s why it speed up the urination process to eliminate harmful toxins from the body and also detoxify the body due to the high concentration of phenol’s.
- Cardamoms are good for the kidneys health. It also helps to remove the calcium and urea composition in the kidneys, as well as other harmful toxins to get rid of kidney stones and proper urination.
- It is useful in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, impotence, loss of libido, premature ejaculation and sexual weakness.
Nutritional Value of Cardamom per 100 gm:
- Energy: 311 Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 68.47 gm
- Total Fat: 6.7 gm
- Dietary Fiber: 28 gm
- Vitamin C: 21 mg
- Calcium: 383 mg
- Copper: 0.383 mg
- Iron: 13.97 mg
- Magnesium: 229 mg
- Manganese: 28 mg
- Protein: 10.76 gm
- Phosphorus: 178 mg
- Zinc: 7.47 mg
So start using cardamoms to get rid of all these health conditions like hiccups, stomach cramps, vomiting and nausea, cystitis, nephritis, and scanty urination, treat oral and throat infections, cure pharyngitis, lung congestion, pulmonary tuberculosis, inhibiting cancer cell growth and much more. If you know more health benefits of cardamom, then please share your knowledge with us to serve others better.