Ginger or Adrak also called a rhizome, is a useful herb and spice firstly native to India and China. Ginger is light brown in color when newly grown but its color changes to pale yellow and then pink when fully grown depending on the different varieties of gingers. It is used as raw, salads, tea, candy, pastry, cooking and as a spice. I also used it in my tea in winter season to prevent from common cold, cough and flu. Its root is also used in many culinary and medicinal purposes. It is available in market whole year in the form of dried, pickle, powdered or as a preserved form.
Ginger host large health benefits to our body. So check the amazing and numerous health benefits of ginger as follows:
- It helps to treat food poisoning and improve digestion. It is the natural home remedy for common cold, cough and flu.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of gingerol compound, it acts as a natural pain killer, thus helps to reduce the joint pain and swelling caused by arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Ginger taken in the form of tea, helps to relieve in hurt burn. It also prevents from the thickening of red blood cells, clotting and maintain the regular blood flow in the arteries. It also helps to decrease the LDL cholesterol level.
- The presence of some antioxidant compounds ginger helps to bind the human serotonin receptors, thus treat depression and anxiety.
- The presence of zingerone in oleoresin and its extracts helps to fight with bacterias like e-coli and staphylococcus aureus to prevent from diarrhea.
- According to clinical trials, it also helps in reducing morning sickness, nausea and vomiting in pregnant women. It is also helpful in Menstrual cramp relief.
- It also helps in the various condition due to chemotherapy like decrease the duration of nausea but not vomiting.
- Ginger tea is helpful to treat sore throat, throat infection, migraine and headache pain.
- It also helps in colon, prostate, colorectal cancer and tumors.
In brief ginger are best herbal medicinal health benefits also. So enjoy to read this article for better cure of above said conditions. It may have many other health benefits like motion sickness, diabetic nephropathy, eliminates bad breath, helps to reduce menstruation pain, lowering blood pressure, chest pain, low back pain, stomach pain, muscle cramps, treatment of asthma, strengthens immune system and much more. If you know more health benefits of ginger, then please share your knowledge with us to serve others better.