Cinnamon is an herbal and aromatic spice having beautiful aroma and delicious flavor. It is originated from Sri Lanka, India, west Indies and south east Asia. It is used in cooking, bark oil, extracts, tea, herbal and traditional medicines. It is obtained from the bark of its tree and rolled when dried. The Chinese used it in herbal medicines before many years ago.
So check out the amazing health benefits of cinnamon & its oil given below:
- Cinnamon helps to keep the blood flow maintain in the blood vessels of the uterus and reduce the menstrual pain. It also helps to break the fibroids and cysts. It also helps to improve milk production in lactating women.
- Cinnamon helps to reduce the joint pain due to cold weather, arthritis inflammation and inflammation of internal tissues and organs. Due to diuretic in nature, it assists in urine pass outs also.
- According to experiment study done on rats by VIT University of India, it may reduce the after meal high blood sugar level which caused type 2 diabetes. It contains water soluble polyphenol called MHCP which helps to boost the body’s natural insulin activity.
- If it is drunk to add in Lemon juice, helps with respiratory infections. It prevents from flu, infections, cold, coughs also.
- Cinnamon acts as a blood purifier agent also, which provides glowing and beautiful skin. It also helps to remove pimples, acne and wrinkles.
- It helps to boost your memory and brain functioning. According to US Agriculture Department studies, it can help to reduce the risk of proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
- It helps to fight with LDL cholesterol (BAD) which clog the artery walls, thus provided cardiovascular health benefits.
- It is rich in dietary fibers, thus protects from constipation, diarrhea and improve bowel syndrome.
- It is a good source of calcium also, which helps to prevent from colon cancer due to mixed up with fiber and erect the bile salts from the liver. It also reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Cinnamon contains coumarin, which acts as a blood thinning agent and helps to improve the blood circulation and blood thinning.
- It is the best mouth freshener for bad breaths. It used in chewing gum also.
- Due to its refreshing aroma, used in various perfumes. Its powder is also used to make herbal tea.
- Cinnamon oil is used to kill mosquitoes and mosquito larvae. It is used in mosquito repellents also.
- Cinnamon contains catechins and proanthocyanidins (natural antioxidants), that helps our body fight with free radicals damages like DNA or cell membranes, thus providing protection from the risk of cancer.
In brief it is most important herb and spice in our daily life to stay healthy and fit. Cinnamon and its oil has many other health benefits like yeast infections, helps to stop bleeding, morning sickness, sore throat, congestion, helps in natural birth control, reduce the risk of heart attacks, strokes, atherosclerosis and coronary diseases, stop tooth decay, Alzheimer’s disease, prevents from bacterial infections and much more. If you know more health benefits of cinnamon and its oil, please share your knowledge with us through our comment box to serve others better.