Kiwi Fruit also called kiwi or chinese gooseberry, firstly it has grown in New Zealand and then China. It is egg like in size having brown hairy peel with green or yellow flesh with little black sesame like seeds in center and both are edible. It is used as raw, cakes, tarts, salads, various dressing, desserts. Kiwi contains vitamin C, 2 times more than oranges, 3 times more than mangoes and same in potassium as bananas. It is delicious, sweet, citrus and a little bit tangy in taste. Kiwi is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and flavonoids, which provided amazing and magical health benefits for human body.
So check out the top health benefits of kiwi fruit as follows:
- Due to full of Vitamin C, A, E, lutein and zeaxanthin, which helps to protect against age related macular degeneration and helps to rebuild your macula. According to studies on ophthalmology, if you eat three or more kiwis in a day, it can help to reduce the risk of developing an eye related disease by 37%.
- Kiwi has antioxidant properties due to full of vitamin C, which is water soluble and protect your body from free radicals caused cancer and cardiovascular diseases. It also contains phytonutrients, which helps our body to repair the DNA themselves. Helps quickly heal the wounds, cuts and helps in the absorption of iron by the body. Again it protects from high blood pressure, congestive heart failure and avoiding blood clots.
- It contains folic Acid, which helps to increase the red blood cells and best for expecting or lactating mothers. It also prevents from anemia.
- Kiwis are also rich in dietary fiber, thus it keeps our digestion system healthy. Helps to remove the harmful toxins from the colon caused by colon cancer. The presence of dietary fiber protected from constipation and gastrointestinal problems also.
- Due to the presence of arginine (a type of amino acids) helps to treat impotence in men and also helps to raise the sperm counts.
- The presence of lutein, helps to decrease the wheezing and shortness of breath in children due to asthma.
- It contains actinidin (an enzyme which is similar to papain in papayas), which helps our body to break the proteins.
- The presence of vitamin K, makes it helpful for bone metabolism, thus it helps to straighten the bones and decrease the risk of osteoporosis.
- They are very low in calories, carbohydrates, fat and proteins, thus it is helpful in weight loss.
In brief Kiwis are the best fruit for us to add to our daily diet. Kiwis have many other health benefits like runny nose, chronic cough, enhance your energy level, fluid maintenance. Prevents hypokalemia, muscle soreness, muscle spasm, muscle cramps. Helps in treatment of depression, respiratory tract health and improve the skin’s texture. If you know more health benefits of Kiwis, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box.