Strawberries are as juicy and delicious as nutritious fruit also. Strawberries are red in color, natural heart type in shape and belongs to berry family like raspberries and blueberries. It is used as raw, juice, salads, flavored milk, ice cream, milkshakes, smoothies, yogurt and tea. Strawberries are the excellent source of Vitamin C, soluble fiber, manganese, potassium and a powerful antioxidant named ellagic acid. Eating eight strawberries provided more vitamin C than oranges. It’s also loaded with many other antioxidants and nutrients which provides amazing health benefits to your body.
Strawberries have no sodium, no fat, no cholesterol fruit and low in calories. So enjoy to reading the health benefits of strawberries are as follows:
- Due to the presence of dietary fiber and low in calories they the best fruit for those who are on dieting. It also maintains digestion regularly and curbs overeating.
- Strawberries contains a large amounts of vitamin C, known as an immunity booster. It may help to prevent cataracts, protection of the lens from UV rays produced by the sun and also strengthening the eye’s cornea and retina. It also helps to reduce risk of angina and good for cardiovascular health.
- It contains a powerful phytochemical named “ellagic acid” and strong antioxidants named “lutein and zeathancins”. Ellagic acid has anti cancer properties and protect the free radical damages caused by cancer and also repair themselves.
- It also contains phenols, which inhibiting the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX), thus helps to reduce the inflammation due to many diseases like osteoarthritis, gout, asthma and atherosclerosis like brufin or aspirin drug.
- Strawberries are a good source of potassium and magnesium and low in sodium, which helps to lower the high blood pressure naturally. The presence of folate and iodine helps to reduce the LDL Cholesterol (BAD Cholesterol) level and improving blood vessels function, thus prevent from health attack or strokes.
- It contains another powerful antioxidant named “fisetin”, which helps in Alzheimer’s disease and to kidney failure resulting from diabetes.
- It contains biotin, which makes your hair and nails strong.
- It is the excellent source of magnesium & potassium, which also helps your body helps to produce instant energy. Keeps electrolytes level maintain and make healthy and strong bones & teeth.
In brief strawberries are the best in 20 superfoods and all the reasons are enough to start it in your daily diet. It may have many other health benefits like anti aging effects, improve brain functions, weight lose, macular degeneration. Prevent infections and cold, stimulates your metabolism, improve skin elasticity and resilience, promote prenatal health and detoxify your body. If you know more health benefits of strawberries, then please share your knowledge with us to serve others better.