Pumpkin is a famous vegetable of the Cucurbita family including squash, cantaloupes and cucumbers. Its color may be orange, yellow or green having round, oval or cylindrical in shape. It is used as raw, cooked, muffins, ravioli, soup, Halloween costumes and sweet dessert in India (Called pethe ki Mithai). Its flesh of pumpkin provided amazing health benefits as well as its seeds are also loaded with a large number of health benefits. Due to its orange color flesh, it is the excellent source of beta-carotene’s that is converted to vitamin A in the body. Pumpkin is also full of fiber, pantothenic acid, protein, folate, antioxidants, carbohydrates, calcium, copper, iron, potassium, sodium, zinc and low in calories. Pumpkin seeds are also loaded with vitamin E, K, iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids. Its seeds are flat greenish covered with a white shell having alkaline-forming properties. (Its seeds are only seeds that are alkaline-forming in the whole world).
So whole pumpkin is the powerhouse of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which provides amazing and numerous health benefits. Then start reading the top health benefits of pumpkin and its seeds as follows.
- Due to its orange color, which indicates the presence of beta carotenes, is essential for our eyes and coronary heart diseases. Beta carotenes converted into vitamin A in the body to prevent from age-related macular disease (ARMD). It is also full of lutein and zeaxanthin, which helps to protect against night blindness and the formation of cataracts. It also prevents from different types of cancers and keeps the skin wrinkle free.
- It is very low in calories, contains no saturated fats and rich in dietary fiber, minerals and vitamins, so it is the best food for those who want to lose weight naturally.
- Pumpkin also contains folates, niacin, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), thiamin and pantothenic acid, which is essential for lactating and pregnant women.
- Vitamin C contents in it, helps to boost the immune system and prevents form cold and cough at the bay.
- Due to its acidic forming properties, it helps to alkalizes the body’s pH value.
- Pumpkin seeds are naturally rich in phytosterols, those helps to reduce the LDL (BAD) Cholesterol level.
- Its seeds contain amino acid tryptophan, which is essential in the production of serotonin, it is known for best mood trigger and better night sleep.
Pumpkin is the superfood on the earth is right to say after reading all the amazing health benefits given above. So start eating pumpkin in your daily diet to get these health benefits to stay fit and live longer naturally. Pumpkin has many other health benefits like preventing premature aging, high blood pressure, arthritis, healthy bones and teeth, osteoporosis protection, reduce the risk of prostate cancer, prevents the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney, to kill tapeworms and parasites in the body, maintaining hormonal balance, treat urinary problems and gastritis, increase the production of milk in feeding mother, regulate blood sugar levels, fight cramps and much more. If you know more health benefits of pumpkin and its seeds, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box to serve others better.