Onions or Allium cepa is the 2nd most grown horticulture crop in the globe after tomatoes and belongs to the lily family. It is edible, pungent smell and strong flavor vegetable. It has more storage capacity as comparison of other vegetables. Onions are used as raw, cooking, juice, salad, soups, chutney, medicinal and much more. It is the most liked vegetable on the earth and everyone eats it due to its aroma and amazing health benefits of onions. It is full of vitamins, minerals, protective phytonutrients, sulfur containing compounds and antioxidants. Due to the presence of sulfur containing compounds, onions have tended to bring up tears, when cutting.
Due to the full of all these compounds it hosts many health benefits which are given below:
- According to clinical research of Russian doctors, eating raw onions helps to prevent oral infection, tooth disorders and has the capability to kill germs present in the mouth.
- It contains flavonoids, which helps to prevent blood clotting due to thinning of the blood. Promote heart health and protect against heart attack or various cardiovascular diseases.
- Use onion juice for a glowing skin also treat acne with a honey mix and applied on the face.
- Its juice is also used to cure cough, cold, sore throat, bronchitis and influenza, if consumed it with equal quantity of honey and ginger juice. Its juice also helps to reduce the pain of honey bee bites or scorpion stings and insect bites if applied externally.
- Due to the presence of chromium, it also helps to regulate the blood sugar and promotes the insulin level to cure diabetes.
- It also contains vitamin C, A, K and E, which is necessary to human body for many functions. Vitamin C helps to speed up your immune system, as well as vitamin A promotes eyesight health.
- Due to full of iron, it helps to treat anemia.
- Onion Juice mixed with ginger juice taken twice a day regularly helps to boost your sex drive. It also helps to increase the libido and strengthens the reproductive organs.
- Used as ear drops, onion juice helps to treat many hearing problems according to Russian Studies.
- Onions helps to reduce the LDL Cholesterol level, promotes HDL Cholesterol to keep blood pressure maintain.
- The presence of quercetin (A type of flavonoid), which inhibit the development of cancerous cells, tumor growth and helps to keep colon cancer at bay.
- Due to its anti inflammatory properties, it helps to reduce the inflammation pain caused by arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Eating onions regularly also helps to increase bone density.
So eating onions regularly promotes the healthy life. Onions have many other health e digestion, memory loss, asthma, dehydration, intestinal gas. Helps treating urinary disorders, prevention of osteoporosis, parasitic worms, helps in detoxifying the body and much more. If you know more health benefits of onions, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box.