Tomatoes are not only sweet in taste but also has many important food for human health. Tomatoes are the second most ripped agricultural fruit or vegetable on the earth. It is dark red to orange, light green to yellow in color and round in shape. It is the delicious, juicy and full of antioxidants and nutrients. It is used as raw, salads, cooking, sauce, paste, soup, juices and ketchups. Due to its high acidic content, it is the perfect food for canning. Tomatoes are the rich source of dietary compound named lycopene, which is the one of the best powerful antioxidant that helps to prevent many health conditions which are explained below. It also contains Vitamins A, C, K, folate, thiamine, niacin, vitamin B6, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and potassium.
So enjoy to check out the amazing health benefits of tomatoes and its juice here:
- First of all the presence of lycopene helps to protect your cells by free radical damages and increase the aging process to look younger. It also helps to protect from DNA damage which is responsible for the development of prostate cancer,
- It also contain another powerful antioxidant named glutathione, which helps to speed up the immune system.
- Regularly consumption of tomatoes helps to improve skin texture to get a beautiful and glowing skin naturally. It also helps to protect from UV rays, reduce wrinkles and black heads.
- Tomatoes are the excellent source of carotenoids, beta-carotene and vitamin C, which helps to protect from colorectal, gastric, breast, endometrial, lung, prostate, and pancreas cancer. Vitamin C is also necessary food for the formation of collagen, a connective tissue in human gums, muscles and skin.
- The presence of folic acid (Folate) and iron helps in the production of red blood cells.
- It is very low in sodium, fat and cholesterol, so it is the another best food for weight watchers.
- It also contains Vitamin A, which is necessary for your eyes, skin and hair health to prevent for macular degeneration, night blindness and helps to keep your hairs strong and shiny.
- The presence of potassium helps to protect form high blood pressure, high cholesterol, strokes, and heart disease.
- It also contains vitamin K and calcium, which helps to strengthen the bones and lycopene helps to improve bone mass to fight against osteoporosis.
- Tomatoes are the excellent source of chromium that helps to regulate the blood sugar and keep it balance.
- According to studies if tomatoes are eating without seeds, it can helps to prevent from the formation of kidney and gall bladder stones.
So start eating tomatoes to protect against above said health conditions. It may be many other health benefits like to prevent constipation, to promote healthy digestion system, diarrhea, reduce stress, help in type 2 diabetes, prevention from urinary tract infections, protect against thrombosis, helps in stop smoking and much more. If you know more health benefits of tomatoes and its juices, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box to serve others better.