Avocados are also called the alligator pear due to its pear like shape & leather like appearance and a very popular fruit of the world. Avocados contain folate, monosaturated fats and phytonutrients which offers remarkable health benefits to your skin. It is used as raw, juice, oil & topically. Only one avocado contains the value of potassium equal to the 2-3 bananas. So they give us many health benefits which are given below:
Nutritional Values of Avocados:
- Calories: 233.6
- Protein: 2.92g
- Carbohydrates: 12.45g
- Heart healthy fats: 21.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.78 g (39% daily intake)
- Vitamin K: 30.66 mcg (38% daily intake)
- Folate: 118.26 mcg (30% daily intake)
- Vitamin C: 14.6 mg (24% daily intake)
- Vitamin B5: 2.03 mg (20% daily intake)
- Potassium: 708.1 mg (20% daily intake)
- Vitamin B6: 38mg (19% daily intake)
- The presence of potassium & magnesium helps those enzymes who involved in carbohydrate metabolism and essential for heart contraction, lower the blood pressure and improve bowel & digestive system. The avocado contains oleic acid and omega-3 fatty acids which help to protect cardiovascular diseases.
- Dietary fiber & vitamin E presence makes it to fight with the free radical damages to the body which cause the different types of cancer. These soluble fibers helps to regulate the body to use of sugar and lower blood cholesterol level.
- Due to its anti inflammatory properties it helps with osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis and reduce the pain.
- Avocados contain a large amount of monounsaturated fats that helps to raise the HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) and lower the bad cholesterol (LDL) level.
- Studies shown that the avocados has power to help in the treatment of prostate cancer and the presence of Lutein, a type of carotenoid, which helps to protect eyes against cataracts, combat vitamin A deficiency and macular degeneration.
- Avocados help with weight loss due to the presence of fats because contain antioxidants that help slow down the anti-aging effect.
- Avocado can helps pregnant women prevent morning sickness because it contains vitamin B6.
- Avocado oil is an ideal remedy for softening the skin.
- Avocados has power to heal the wounds, cuts and burns quickly.
- Due to full in fiber, vitamin K, C, B5, folate and potassium, they are best for kids and toddlers.
In brief avocados has many other health benefits like improving the circulatory system, nausea, healthy tissue and fetal cell development, help in reducing urinary calcium excretion and kidney stones, stomach ulcers, used in synthetic food dyes and much more. If you know more about the health benefits of avocados please share your knowledge with us thruogh our comment box given below.